Ali Shokri Photographer
My name is Ali Shokri and I am a passionate nature photographer with a strong focusing on trees. I was born in 1982 in Tabriz, Iran and have spent the last 16 years working on a project called The Tree. I have always used Canon as my main camera brand and love the clarity it gives me in my images.
As a result of this project I have had the chance to have individual and group exhibitions. More notably, I was invited to be a TED speaker about the life of trees and have published a book through Matador England UK called The Passion Of Trees.
To me, each tree, like a human-being, has a tale to tell. When a tree dies, a whole story is interrupted, a destiny is altered for the worse. I feel as if the trees, bundled at the back of trucks, are cursing us with their broken hands, wounded faces, and severed roots. Perhaps this is how we are led towards damnation, little by little stripped of our humanity, when man’s “abounding foliage moistened with the dew” is reduced to ash and smoke.
Shokri started photography professionally since 2004
• So Far he has 6 solo and numbers of group exhibitions nationally and internationally ( Iran, Turkey, Slovenia, France , Italy, Canada, Monaco, Usa, Azerbaijan…)
• In 2017, I published a book called “Passion of the Trees”, a collection of treesproduced, by the endeavor of 15 years of photography of trees, published by the English publisher.
• Selling my book online in major online site ( Amazon, EBay , waterstone,..)
• ted speaker, I was ted speaker in 2010 in Baku Azerbaijan ( As an elite Azeri language photographer )
• Introducing the Guardian magazine as the beautiful nature of Iran in 2016
• Print my photos in Iran & International Magazine … ( American photo, Digital camera world….)
• My photos of Iranian nature were published and published in the Cat Support Organization who researched for the Iranian cheetah in Zurich, Switzerland
• Appreciation certificate from national and international competitions
• Teaching photography in East Azerbaijan ( Tabriz) TV 2013
• More than 16 years of being active member of photography art community
• Landscape photography judge for Number of times
• Having done workshop in landscape photography field
• Unveiling of the Book of Tree Troubles) in Tehran by the Mayor of Tehran at Rasaneh Cultural Center 2017
• Documentary filming of me and the( The Passion of Trees ) on Channel Four, Iran
• Critical Review of the Photo Collection of Trees (The Passion OF Trees ) by Iranian and International Professors, Researchers, Poets, and Photographers
• Participated in the auction of the Museum of the Louvre in 2018 Attending the 2019 Monaco Yat Show Group Art Exhibition (by Artifact Gallery New York)
• Interview with International Lens Magazine on “The passion of trees” in December 2019,
- At the time of photography, Ali Shokri